How much do new Fascias and Soffits cost?
A number of factors will impact the price for replacing your fascias and soffits, these include:
- The size of your property.
- The style and finish of the fascias and soffits that you choose. Basic white uPVC, for example, will cost less than a high-end timber-effect version.
- The amount of scaffolding needed.
- How long it will take to complete the job.
- The number of people required to complete the job.
- The cost of removing and disposing of old materials.
If additional work is required such as roof tile repairs or replacements, cement repointing, repairs to rotten rafters, or disposal of hazardous waste such as asbestos.
If you are opting for a straightforward replacement of old fascias and soffits with white uPVC, then a rule of thumb for the cost is roughly £100 per metre to be installed. On a small semi-detached house, this will give you a ballpark figure of between £1,200 to £1,500, while a large detached property could be in the region of £3,000. If you happen to live in a bungalow, then you can expect to pay less if no scaffolding is required.
Labour rates can vary significantly across the country, with the highest prices in the London area and the lowest usually in the North which can also impact upon the final price that you will be quoted.